Women tend to wear many hats in the home. My generation tends to have grown up in traditional household mindsets, while also being in a new era with women empowerment. This is where women can do anything! It is exhausting playing both roles. It definitely is time to realize we cannot do it all and ask for help. Women are doing more duties and are the default parents by nature. Here are some tips for fathers to help their partners in the home:
- Take up one of their duties: You can help your partner by taking up one of their duties such as cooking, cleaning, or laundry1.
- Don’t wait for instructions: You can also help by taking the initiative and doing things without being asked1.
- Help with a newborn: You can help your partner with a newborn by changing diapers, feeding the baby, or putting them to sleep1.
- Give your partner me-time: You can give your partner some time off by taking care of the baby or doing other household chores1.
- Help with a pregnancy: You can help your partner during pregnancy by going with her to prenatal visits, helping her with her diet and exercise routine, and being supportive2.
- Make plans for a couple date night: You can plan a date night for you and your partner to spend some quality time together1.
- Get her little presents: You can surprise your partner with little presents such as flowers or chocolates to show your appreciation1.
- Write a ‘Thank you’ letter: You can write a letter to your partner thanking her for all that she does for you and your family1.
These are just some ideas that you can use to help your partner in the home. Remember that every family is different, so you should find what works best for you and your partner. Some of these might be an idea that can spark more ideas so that it suits your family and relationship best. Take what you can from the ideas and click each to read other blogs on these topics.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.